Meet The New Look of our SmartCard
Meet the new look of İktisatbank SmartCard: choose between one off payment or option of installments depending on your needs.
Mastercard/Visa is a worldwide brand with millions of payment points available providing you with the most advantages around the world.
SmartCard General Information
- For your security your credit card is activated by you after the delivery.
- Once you have created a PIN number your new credit card will be available for immediate use.
- Set your PIN and activate your card using mobile telephone that is registered with İktisatbank by sending an SMS to 4440 (+90 548 888 44 40 from overseas) quoting SIFRE then a blank space then your choice of four digit PIN then a blank space and enter the last 4 digits of your credit card number and the 3 digit number (CVV2) at the back of your SmartCard. EXAMPLE: SIFRE 1234 3456789
- *SIFRE stands for PIN in Turkish
- If your mobile number is not up to date on our system please visit your nearest branch.
- After entering the Internet Banking site, go to the Security Menu and select Passwords – Bank/ATM Card to change your PIN. You can do the same transaction by calling our Telephone Banking or ATM Banking.
- After you have set the PIN of the main card, repeat the same process for any additional cards attached to your account. Remember to set the PIN of your main card first. Please note that once you activate your new card all your previous additional SmartCards will become inoperative and the newly issued supplementary cards would need to be activated.
- Setting your PIN do not use something that is easy to guess such as your date of birth. You must ensure both your card and PIN are kept secure at all times. Please do not pass your details to anyone at anytime.
- For your own benefit, for any purchases where signing is not possible your card has automatically been activated with mail order facility and e-commercial allowing you to make purchases on the Internet. The limit for Internet or virtual purchases is the same as your credit card purchase limit. Upon activating your credit card this is automatically activated. If you wish to cancel this facility on your credit card please call our Telephone Banking on 444 4 444. It is advised you keep the available limit for virtual purchases to a minimum. To change your existing limit please visit our Internet Banking and amend settings under the Virtual Card details.
- If your card is lost or stolen or your PIN number got compromised, you should inform us immediately by calling our Telephone Banking on 444 4 444.
- If there is a change to your home or work address you should notify the bank within 10 days.
- All purchases made whether abroad or within the North Cyprus will appear on your statement in TL. All foreign currency transactions will be calculated at the relevant conversion rate of exchange.
- Pay your credit card bill in cash at any of our İktisatbank branches or ATM Banking, transfer funds from your current account using our Internet Banking facility or our ATM Banking, setup a monthly standing order to pay the bill monthly from your current account automatically. Alternatively you can make an Electronic Fund Transfer from another bank.
- Your Credit Card statement can be sent via post to the designated address. We can also send you electronic copy by email. SMS text message with your balance will come to the registered mobile phone number.
- The minimum payment due on your statement is 20% of the total outstanding balance. You will need to make a payment of the minimum amount by the last payment date. For your convenience, you may place a direct debit instruction on your current account. You can choose between minimum or full payment options when placing a direct debit instruction.
- If the due balance on your credit card is not paid by the last payment date then the remaining balance will accrue interest.
SmartCard Credit Card
- SmartCard Neo
- SmartCard Classic
- SmartCard Gold
- SmartCard Platinum
- SmartCard Diamond
SmartCard Credit Card ComparisonYou can benefit from the special privileges and priorities of SmartCard when shopping, travelling and social life.
For you to choose the most suitable of the SmartCard credit card you can refer to the table below.
|Credit Card Specification||SmartNeo||SmartClassic||SmartGold||SmartPlatinum||SmartDiamond|
|CIP Lounge Service (Free Entrance Times)||90 TL||90 TL||90 TL||90 TL||90 TL|
|CIP Lounge Service |
|NO||NO||90 TL||90 TL||90 TL|
|Other POS SmartPoint||%0,05||%0,05||%0,05||%0,05|
|SmartTravel||NO||NO||44 points over x3||44 points over x3||44 points over x3|
|SmartCard Friendship||NO||5 Points||5 Points||5 Points||5 Points|
|İktisat Insurance No Claim 3 years||NO||NO||10% Discount||20% Discount||30% Discount|
|İktisat Insurance No Claim 2 years||NO||NO||5% Discount||10% Discount||20% Discount|
|İktisat Insurance No Claim 1 years||NO||NO||NO||5% Discount||10% Discount|
|Cinema Campaign (50% Discount)||NO||NO||Available||Available||Available|
|Car Park Campaign||NO||NO||25%||50%||50%|
|Car Park Campaign Limit||NO||NO||100 TL||150 TL||200 TL|
|Abroad Installment Campaign||Available||Available||Available||Available||Available|
|Limits||250 TL-1500 TL||500 TL-1.999 TL||2.000 TL-9.999 TL||10.000 TL-24.999 TL||25.000 TL-100.000 TL|
|Card Fee||NO||60 TL||100 TL||120 TL||140 TL|
|Additional Card Fee||NO||30 TL||50 TL||60 TL||70 TL|
|Installment Cash Advance||NO||Available||Available||Available||Available|
What should I do if my card is lost or stolen?
You must report your lost or stolen card to the bank immediately either at the branch or by calling our Telephone Banking 444 4 444 so that your card can be cancelled.
What should I do if I suspect fraudulent transactions are being made with my card?
If you suspect fraudulent transactions are being made with your card please call the Telephone Banking on 444 4 444 and inform them immediately. We will cancel the account and re-issue with a new card to your registered postal address. This can be confirmed with the Call Centre.
Statements sent by post may be delayed therefore you will also be informed of your balance by SMS and email. Additionally you can contact our Telephone Banking on 444 4 444 for information of your credit card statement.
If you would like an additional card connected to your account for another person please make an additional card application.
If your card is left in an ATM please contact our Telephone Banking on 444 4 444 or contact the branch immediately.
If you do not use your card on a regular basis you must still ensure you are aware of where your card is at all times.
If your card has reached its expiry date, or the number is illegible please ensure it is destroyed after receiving your new card.
Always keep the Telephone Banking number handy 444 4 444, the best way to do it is to save it in your mobile phone.
If you are receiving a statement but you do not have a card, call our Telephone Banking 444 4 444 to request a new card.
What types of cards are available from İktisatbank?
Smart Debit Card, SmartClassic, SmartGold, SmartPlatinium, SmartDiamond.
What do I need to do to upgrade my credit card?
You can upgrade type of your SmartCard depending on your monthly income, repayment capacity, place of work, term of employment existing credit card limit, repayment history and other similar parameters. You can apply for an upgrade of your existing credit card.
To upgrade your existing card or apply for a new card please call our Telephone Banking on 444 4 444.
Can I use my SmartCard anywhere in the world?
You will find the MasterCard symbol in millions of stores worldwide. MasterCard has the most advantages and is the most used card in the world.
In Northern Cyprus the SmartCard of any type is accepted in thousands of stores both for one-off and installment purchases.
Holders of this card will benefit from a range of benefits including discounts on purchases, special campaigns and extra points.
Can I make a cash advance with my SmartCard?
You can use this card in any ATM both in Northern Cyprus or worldwide to get cash advance on your credit card.
Using either the Telephone Banking or Internet Banking facility you can make a transfer from your credit card to your current account; this will be classed as a cash advance on your credit card.
You can also make a cash advance withdrawal with option of repaying in installments.
What is the cash advance limit on my card?
Your cash advance limit is 50% of your credit card limit. To find out your remaining cash advance limit use any of our Digital Banking facilities.
What does Express Limit mean?
Express limit is an additional credit limit provided to SmartCard holders by retailers who have İktisatbank POS machines where you can make purchases that will not affect your credit card limit and take advantage of campaigns for longer term installments and lower interest rates.
This facility is available to limited card holders only and is provided at the Bank's discrepancy.
Can I use my SmartCard in a similar way to an ATM card?
Yes you can use your SmartCard 24 hours a day 7 days a week to withdraw cash from any of the İktisatbank ATMs as well as any other banks ATMs both in Northern Cyprus and internationally. Your credit card is linked to your current TL account and provided you have funds available you will be able to make a withdrawal direct from the account.
If you use your credit card at other Bank’s ATMs then it will be classed as a Credit Card Transactions.
To link your current account to your credit card please contacts the Telephone Banking on 444 4 444.
How do I earn Smart Points with my credit card?
Every purchase that you make earns you Smart Points. To earn more points for any purchases you make within the TRNC always check if the seller is using an İktisatbank POS machine.
Holders of SmartCard will benefit from a range of offers including discounts on purchases, special campaigns and extra points.
Use your accumulated points as payment towards a flight to anywhere you wish anytime you want. For details call our Telephone Banking on 444 4 444 or visit your nearest branch.
Is there a time limit on when I can use my accumulated points?
If you do not cancel your card, close the account, keep up regular repayments, there is no expiry date for your points.
What does it mean if my points account balance is negative?
If your statement is showing a negative balance of your points this is either because you may have returned a purchase and therefore the points have also been cancelled or it could be that you have made a purchase over and above the amount on your points account.
If the above situation happens and you wish to use your points to purchase a flight then you can make arrangements to repay within 12 months the total points used, over and above the amount you accrued. If you do not accrue enough points by the end of the term then you will be charged a small commission.
Have the points accrued from my old card beginning 5124 been transferred onto my new card?
Yes all points accrued on your old card have automatically been transferred to your new card, including points accrued since 1st of April 2013.
How do I pay for purchases made abroad?
All foreign currency purchases are automatically converted to TL and will appear as TL on your statement.
When is the cut-off date for my account?
The cut-off date for your account is the end of day on the 28th of each month so any purchases made up to that date will appear on your statement plus any outstanding balance that has not been paid up to that day will be added together on the cut-off date.
Can I change the cut-off date of my credit card?
At the moment such option is not available, however we are working on providing our clients with a choice of 3 cut off dates in the future.
How can I obtain my credit card statement?
Statements are currently sent by registered courier and may be delayed therefore you will also be informed of your balance by SMS and email.
If you wish to continue to receive your statement via the post then a fee of 2 TL will be added to your account. If you no longer wish to receive a printed statement please contact the Telephone Banking on 444 4 444 or your nearest branch.
Can I receive a separate statement for additional card holders?
Yes. The information relating to purchases made on your additional cards will be shown separately.
You can also find out your outstanding balance by using any of our Digital Banking options, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, ATM Banking or Telephone Banking on 444 4 444.
I am not receiving a printed statement what do I do?
Statements are sent out via courier to the address we have registered on the system. To check we have your accurate address please call our Telephone Banking on 444 4 444 or visit your nearest branch to update your details.
At the same time as statements are sent out via courier you are also informed by SMS and email of the balance owed on your account. Alternatively please call our Telephone Banking 444 4 444 for details of your outstanding balance.
I have not received a statement how do I find out my balance?
You can call our Telephone Banking on 444 4 444 who will be able to assist you.
There is expenditure on my statement that does not belong to me. What should I do?
The first thing you should do is to check your statement against your credit card payment slips. If there is expenditure that does not belong to you then you should inform us via Telephone Banking immediately on 444 4 444.
When is the last payment date for my credit card?
The last payment date for your credit card is 10 days from the cut-off date with the cut-off date being the first day in case it is a working day.
In case you have any questions regarding the details of your statement, expenditures or would like to know more on how to pay please visit our Internet Banking, Mobile Banking or call our Telephone Banking on 444 4 444.
Do I have to pay the minimum amount?
The minimum payment is 20% of the total balance and you must pay at least this amount by the last payment date to avoid your card being blocked from usage.
How can I pay my credit card bill?
You can pay your credit card bill either in cash at any of our İktisatbank branches or ATMs, by transferring funds using Internet Banking or by setting up a monthly standing order to pay the bill automatically from your current account on monthly basis.
Is my credit card available for Internet Purchases; is the mail order option open on my card?
For your convenience all new cards that are issued will automatically be open for Internet shopping up to the same limit, if you wish for this facility to be disabled please call our Telephone Banking on 444 4 444.
You can make purchases on any website whether it displays the Verified by Visa® & MasterCard® Secure Code or not however for a more secure purchases it is recommended you use websites displaying these services.
How do I obtain a PIN?
Using your registered mobile phone number send an SMS containing the word SIFRE space a 4 digit PIN number of your choice and send it to the telephone number located above the signature strip on your credit card.
The Bank will not charge you for sending the messages however you will be charged the standard network rate by your operator.
If your mobile number is not registered with us you will need to visit your nearest branch.
You can change your PIN via the Internet Banking under the Credit Card Section.
You can change your PIN by pressing 4 when calling our Telephone Banking.
You can change your PIN using our ATM machines under the PIN Transaction section.
How do I use CHIP & PIN for shopping?
Chipping is a secure way to shop as it reduces the risk of fraud and card from copying. It is an easy system to use and we encourage using it whenever possible.
The assistant at the till will place the card with the chip side first into the POS machine.
The POS machine will then be ask for you to enter your 4 digit PIN
Check the amount on the POS machine, enter your PIN and press confirm.
As your PIN is confidential it will not be displayed on the POS machine, instead 4 x * will appear.
SmartBusiness Credit Card Features
SmartBusiness Credit Cards are issued in the name of your company and allows worldwide company credit card use.
Your business can have as many SmartBusiness credit cards as needed.
SmartBusiness Credit Cards allows you to manage and track business related expenses under one account.
Go paperless and reduce your carbon footprint, by choosing to receive your SmartCard statement via e-mail.
Benefits of SmartBusiness
Eliminate risk of travelling with cash.
Buy now and pay later in installments independent of the seller.
Witdraw cash at any ATM or in Iktisatbank branches using the Cash Advance feature.
Use SmartBusiness Credit Card all around the world where Mastercard is accepted
Use SmartBusiness Credit Card for all your online shopping.
Use SmartBusiness Credit Card for your standing order payments such as insurance installment payments and utilities.
SmartBusiness Limit Master Account
Your Limit Account is set up to determine the overall limit your supplemental individual cards will operate under. Your business will not be issued with a physical credit card for this master account.
SmartBusiness Individual Supplemental Cards
This is the actual physical SmartBusiness Card you will use and you can ask for any number of cards for your business as required. Your company can set individual spending and cash advance limits for each supplemental card.