Phishing Attacks and Protection MethodsProtect your online information!
Phishing attacks are the most common and dangerous among internet crimes. These attacks are to steal the information used to make the intended financial transaction by Individuals or institutions. The person sends the fake e-mail as a bank employee, a card company, or a financial company to all the e-mail addresses it can obtain.The subject of the e-mail consists of links to pages that appear as an individual copy of the pages of the relevant institutions, as well as statements that contain the intent of updating or changing the information of the card customer.
İktisatbank does not make any information changes by internet channels. You should never share your password information with anyone including İktisatbank staff members. İktisatbank staff can not ask your card pin number under any circumstances.This person who defines himself as a staff actually intends to steal your information and defraud you. Some customers reply to e-mails filling out the requested information without being aware of the danger. As a result, the customer's personal details and passwords are stolen by fraudsters.
Information that is stolen online by phishing method:
• Credit, debit/ATM card number /CVV2
• Pin number and passwords
• Account numbers
• User code and passwords used for entry into Internet Banking
Do not forget about your emails:
• If you see the suspicious false e-mail You should call İktisatbank Telephone Banking 444 4 444 and give information about the matter.
• İktisatbank never sends you an e-mail asking for your passwords or asking you to change your passwords.
• When İktisatbank sends you an e-mail, the links given will take you to informative and directive pages. The links in the e-mail will never go to the pages that asks you for information or update.
Ways to Avoid Phishing Attacks:
The most important means of protection against online fraud, fraud and viruses, to be conscious and informed. Never share your personal and financial information with any website without reading the following guidelines.
• Be absolutely sure about the sender and the correctness of the e-mail you receive! If you have any doubts about an e-mail sender or the content being posted to you please contact İktisatbank directly. Reputable companies will never send you e-mails asking for your personal details or passwords.
• Before doing online transactions, be absolutely sure that the page is safe! Check the address bar at the top of your Internet browser if it is "https". The letter "s" at the end of "https" indicates that this page is processed with secure. Moreover the closed lock mark at the bottom right of your internet browser shows you are still working on a secure and encrypted page. This sign indicates that the page is encrypted with SSL and the site belongs to İktisatbank note that these two security measures described above can be created by counterfeiters. If you want to use Internet Banking, you have to login to Internet Banking via our internet website through our internet banking login link.
The person who will make the fraud have possession of money through the accounts using the financial information they have obtained with the "Phishing" method. In order to prevent from being detected in the course of the withdrawal, job advertisements are posted on the internet for people who will not be suspected. These announcements are made in the form of easy money making methods.
Money transfers are made from the accounts obtained by phishing method using the accounts of the persons who are found with this announcement. They also use this method to transfer money to fraudsters through the international money transfer agent. Thus, the person who has carried out the fraud will keep the identity confidential and the persons who applied through the advertisement will be blamed.
You should be carefull about job adverts such as receiving a certain amount of such money and transferring it to another place for commission. This is how they make money loundering and as a result legal proceedings will be followed.